Friday 11 November 2011

A Work of Art, Or Artlover?

Jonathan Hack
156 Wiltse Place
Penticton, British Columbia
V2A 7V6

November 11th, 2011

Constable Pierre Catchacrook
Chief of Police
123 Crime Road
Paris, France

Dear Constable Catchacrook,

   I understand you require a statement regarding the events that took place in the Louvre last week. While I was observing the Mona Lisa, I was talking to a frail, elderly woman when a fire broke out. I didn't have an abundant amount of time, but I knew I could either rescue the painting, or save the old lady's life. I agreed with my instincts and began wheeling her out of the museum. I realised she was ageing and had few years left to live, however I knew she had a family and children to return home to. The actions of a person's life shape who we are and will become. I would never have forgiven myself if I had left her behind in that dire situation, for my own personal gain. Furthermore, even though the original Mona Lisa had burned, over its existence many prints have been made. The image of the painting will always be around, and its brilliance will never be forgotten. I apologise about the late reply Mr. Catchacrook, but I have been under harsh scrutiny lately in regards to the decision I made last week. Though I am quite glad to hear that Mrs. Artlover is recuperating after that traumatic incident and is safe in the hospital, my life is not. I am receiving numerous phone calls, e-mails, and letters threatening my life due to abandoning the Mona Lisa painting.

Take Care,

Sincerely,
Jonathan Hack

No comments:

Post a Comment